Under this system, a building's overall performance throughout its lifecycle is entirely independent of the means by which that performance is achieved.
DGNB certifications are awarded for buildings, districts and interiors and there are four categories – Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Products are categorized according to their overall compliance with the requirements as follows:
- Bronze certificate (35% or higher)
- Silver certificate (50% or higher)
- Gold certificate (65% or higher)
- Platinum certificate (80% or higher)
LOBA product classification
Under the DGNB system, our products are categorized as "ENV1.2. – Local environmental impact" by GISCODE.
- How our finish systems are classified:
- Top categories (4 and 3): W1, W2+, W1/DD or W2/DD+
- Lower categories (2 and 1) allow the following additional classifications: W3, W3+, W3/DD or W3/DD+
- How our oils are classified:
- Top categories (4 and 3): Ö10
- Lower categories allow the following additional classifications: Ö20 in category 2 and Ö40 in category 1